HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018!
We’re kicking off a thrilling new age in Honeysuckle history, and we owe this fantastic growth to you, our readers. Throughout 2017 we’ve been expanding our distribution, our live events presence, and even our subjects of coverage, based on the stories you’ve shared with us. 2018 will be bigger and better, as we explore the country’s hottest industry in our CANNABIS issue. Featuring iconic actor Alan Cumming (The Good Wife) on the cover and interviews with Star Wars’ Greg Grunberg, NFL greats Marvin Washington and Eben Britton, leaders in the space, and more, CANNABIS will be our largest print run to date and a groundbreaking edition.
*There’s still time to buy ads in CANNABIS!*
Contact us for special January deals!
Some milestones we reached in 2017:
- Achieving national print distribution and a 60% sellout rate, an unprecedented feat for a young magazine
- Achieving 100% sellout at McNally Jackson Bookstore in New York City
- Our HERS issue was selected for the Feminist Lit subscription box at The Strand Bookstore, a package that became Strand’s second highest-selling subscription box ever
- Our founder, Ronit Pinto, was featured on Microsoft’s Women in Media panel alongside the lead designer from NBC’s Today Show. Moderator Lucy Norris praised Honeysuckle for combining “the best of cultural and business magazines in one.”
- Expanding our reach to include more West Coast and Southern distribution sites, including Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New Orleans and Colorado
- This October we were the subject of an episode of the Ginger New York talk show on MNN TV
- We became one of the first lifestyle magazines to report on MJBizCon in Las Vegas, the biggest annual cannabis industry event in the United States hosted by Marijuana Business Daily
- We were featured at over 20 live events and festivals in cities around the country, including New York Fashion Week, SXSW, Third Eye Film Festival, NYWIFT’s 40th anniversary gala, the Kink Out Festival, and NYC’s CannaHarvest Festival. Keep checking our social media to find out about upcoming events near you!
Recently we announced a new addition to the Honeysuckle family: We’re developing Honeysuckle Girl, a platform geared toward kids and teens. Throughout the next months, we’ll post our favorite HS Girl stories on the main site so you can see what’s new. Lots of educational and entertaining adventures are on the way!
Speaking of adventure, you can read some of our most popular entries from this quarter below. As always, if you have a story idea you’d like to share with us, email firstname.lastname@example.org or hit us up on social media. We want to hear from you!
Thanks for your support in helping Honeysuckle thrive. Let’s continue to make dreams come true!
Love, Team Honeysuckle
Here are our Top Picks 2017:
CANNABIS: We got the scoop on the cannabis business from MJBiz CEO Cassandra Farrington. See her interview in our print issue and get the latest “highs” from our Cannabis vertical online!
HONEY TV: With Brian August of 110 Stories, we captured one of the last nights of iconic concert venue Webster Hall on video. Legendary General Manager Gerard McNamee, now running for NYC Night Mayor, recalled how stars from Lady Gaga and Katy Perry to Paul Simon and Snoop Dogg made the club world-famous.
NYWIFT: In the year of #MeToo, New York Women in Film & TV (NYWIFT) honored some of the most outstanding ladies in front of and behind the camera at the 38thAnnual Muse Awards. Dorri Olds reports on Laura Dern (Big Little Lies), Refinery29’s Amy Emmerich, director Julie Dash, Alysia Reiner (Orange Is The New Black), and more.
Follow us on social media! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram